Home » Ask Islamic Questions And Answers, Family Fiqh, Rulings On Marriage

Who is the guardian of an illegitimate daughter when it comes to her getting married?

Written By: irfny on November 30, 2011 No Comment

A muslim man and woman had an affair and had an illegitamate child from that affair. The married woman took the child into her house and remained married to her husband. It was decided that the biological father would provide for his daughter and that she would live in the house of her mother and her mothers husband. The biological father became a very religious man and it is almost 20 years after this incident. She now lives in a house with her mother, her mother’s husband and her older half-brother and half-sister.
Who is the wali of this girl? The biological father who provided for her for 20 years, the step-father, or her older half-brother who also lives with them?.

Praise be to Allaah.


The scholars (may Allah have mercy on them) differed concerning the illegitimate child. Is he to be attributed to his zaani father or not? There are two opinions, which have been discussed in the answers to questions no. 33591 and 85043. The more correct view is that he should be attributed only to his mother and that he should not be attributed to the zaani.

Shaykh Ibn


Digg this!Add to del.icio.us!Stumble this!Add to Techorati!Share on Facebook!Seed Newsvine!Reddit!Add to Yahoo!

Comments are closed.

8b55366011" />